- Directions -
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and set the latter aside.
- Whisk the whites, a pinch of salt and half the icing sugar until it forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Whisk the yolks with the remaining sugar.
- Pour the whisked yolks over the mascarpone and mix well with a spatula or hand whisk.
- Fold in the whisked egg whites, using a figure of eight movement. (Use the spatula).
- Chop the Oreo-type biscuits and add to the mixture together with the chocolate shavings, folding them in gently.
- Pour into a Tupperware container, seal and put in the freezer for 4 to 6 hours.
- Move it to the fridge 15 or 20 minutes before eating and serve in the wafer baskets, decorated with shavings.
- Advice -
This ice cream can be made to your taste, replacing the pieces of biscuit with pieces of fruit, or the sugar with fruit, chocolate or caramel syrup. You can also add pieces of soft nougat.
Due to its creaminess, mascarpone is ideal for making ice cream without the need for an ice cream maker or complex processes with the blender, as it does not form ice crystals when frozen.