- Directions -
- In a large saucepan with oil, fry the chopped garlic until it turns brown, sauté all the chopped vegetables and add the mince. Season with salt and pepper and cook until it browns.
- Sprinkle with the lime juice to bring out the spice in the chilli. Deglaze with the small glass of red wine, stirring well so that you have all the juices. Add half a cup of tomato sauce and cook on a medium-low heat, stirring every now and then, and set aside.
- Open out the sheet of flaky pastry and cut out four circles (if you don’t have a cutter, you can use the top of a round piece of Tupperware, for example).
- Divide the cooked meat between the 4 round pieces of dough and fold a slice of cheddar or lactose-free cheese on top of each, leaving 1 cm of space at the sides. Fold in half and pinch the edge with your fingers to seal.
- Place the individual pies on baking paper resting on a baking tray and brush all over with the beaten egg. Bake at 210ºC for 15/20 minutes or until they have browned to your liking.
- Advice -
The remaining pieces of flaky pastry can be kneaded with Hacendado special grated cheese for pasta, a little oregano and salt, to make some delicious cheese sticks.